Wednesday, February 19, 2014


Ok so everyone knows Tilahun Gessesse, the Ethiopian Musical legend, an iconic figure in the history of Ethiopian music. Tilahun Gessesse dedicated his whole life for the evolution and growth of Ethiopian music. I have been listening to his music as long as I can remember. And I tell you his songs never get old. Tilahun Gessesse probably had released more that a three digits count singles, but every Ethiopian listens to every one of those with such enthusiasm. This is probably because his songs in one way or another showed as a reflection of our life.

That being said today I was listening to his superb songs and I have decided to write 6 reasons why his songs mean a lot to me. I hope you share my thoughts.

Reason 1 – You can genuinely see that he does what he does for the love of music, not for money or fame.
Reason 2 – His songs always carries such a powerful message that we eventually face in our lives if it didn’t already happened to us.
Reason 3 – The melody of his songs will never get out of your head once you listen to it.
Reason 4 – His voice is just one of a kind.
Reason 5 – His love for his fellow Ethiopians is inspiring. Everybody remembers his emotions while singing for the 1977 drought in Ethiopia.
Reason 6 – Even at his retirement years Tilahun Gessesse was never tired of entertaining us with his remarkable musical gift.

These are some of the reason that I can think at the top of my head. I am sure most of you will have so much to add to this list. Besides I don’t consider myself to be an expert music analyst but just writing what I feel as a fellow Ethiopian music fan. 

Any ways I think I’m going to stop here for today. I hope you enjoyed this article. By the way if you what to listen to Tilahun Gessesse’s songs who stood the test of time you might probably want to go here at Tilahun Gessesse songs or you can also visit this fan club dedicated for this Ethiopian music legend. I found the collection there to be great, hope you enjoy it and see you next time.
Next
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment